DHCP Server not assigning proper IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-16 20:41:36
Tags: #DHCP
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20221208 rel.45145(5553)

Hi. I recently upgraded my firmware to 1.3.0, and I've noticed that since I've done this my router isn't always assinging proper IP addresses to the machines connecting. I've set up the DHCP options and picked specific IPs assigned by MAC addresses, so that specific machines on my homelab will always be at the same IP.

I've rebooted, wipped out the DHCP entries and re-entered. Besides those two things, I wasn't sure what else I might try. If any one has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP Server not assigning proper IPs
2023-09-23 13:57:10

I'm having the same problem.

Recently I updates the firmware on my Decos, and I've noticed that the DHCP Server stops running on my network. When this happens, devices start getting bogus 169.254.x.x IP addresses. I ran tcpdump -i en0 -n port 67 or port 68 on my network and triggered some DHCP lease renewals from my machine to see if anything responds, but nothing does. This indicates that there is no DHCP Server running on my network, despite it being set up in my Deco app.

I have my network set up with the main Deco at 10.0.0.1 and configured to issue DHCP IPs in the range of 10.0.0.100 - 10.0.0.250, and if I reboot my entire network, devices are able to get assigned IPs in that range for a short while. Eventually, it seems like the DHCP Server crashes, because at some point nothing is able to get dynamically-assigned IPs.

I really hope someone from TP-Link sees this because my network has been totally hosed for the better part of a week. There's nothing wrong with my Internet connection; if I manually assign IP addresses, everything works. It's just that clients that require DHCP won't work. So any device without a UI that let's me assign an IP manually is now unusable (which means most of my "smart home" appliances no longer work).

I can tell you this, I'll be a lot more careful about installing firmware updates in the future.

Options