Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-21 16:04:57 - last edited 2023-06-25 07:34:52
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20230509 rel.67343(5553)

I have about 80 IoT/Smarthome devices in my network. On the AX3200 all of them were connected to the combined 2.4/5GHz network and I rarely encountered disconnects. I am also using a mix of RE300 and RE650 range extenders throughout the property to extend the Wi-Fi reach and get cabled Ethernet in the upstairs office. 

BE800 is exactly in the same spot as the AX3200 was. 

The Mesh network is all configured on the same SSID. 

Since switching over to the BE800 several of the devices that never had connectivity issues are now experiencing disconnects and are losing Wi-Fi connection. Most prominent the Ring Alarm base station and several of the Kasa dimmer switches and smart plugs I have.

I created an IoT network and tried connecting them all to that but the IoT network is not extended all the way through the property like the main network so some devices are having trouble staying connected to that. 

Any pointers on how to troubleshoot that?

Mike

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800
2023-06-25 07:50:18

@mkostersitz 

Hi, thank you for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. The range extenders don't support to extend the ioT network at this moment, so for the ioT devices that are far away from the main router and experiencing the unstable issue, please connect to the main 2.4G or 5G network to ensure a strong and stable connection.

2. If those ioT devices still disconnect a lot from the 2.4G/5G network, please try to change the 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi security to WPA2-PSK[AES], also try to adjust the WiFi channels to see if it helps.

3. If the problem still exists, please help to confirm if the ioT devices were connected to the main router or range extender when or before they disconnect.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Issues with IoT devices after switching from AX3200 to BE800
2023-07-12 20:17:47

@Sunshine I tried the splitting, did not work. I understand that the extenders don't support transparently extending the IoT network but if I configure an RE650 to extend the IoT network (different SSID) rather than the main network it shoudl work, correct?

The devices in question are HS220 dimmers made by TPLink and a couple of Kasa lightbulbs and smart outlets

Mike

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 2

Related Articles