Computers Connected to AX10000 Cannot Ping or Communicate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 16:01:41
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(5553)

This is the last roll of the dice for me before this paperweight gets returned. Please help if you can. 

PCs hard wired into this router cannot ping each other or communicate with each other. I first noticed a problem when I went to RDP from PC1 to PC2. It doesn't work. So I tried pinging PC2 from PC1 and that doesn't work either. Then I noticed none of the hard wired computers can ping each other. They can ping (some) wireless devices, but not hard wired devices. Everything else is working as far as I know.

The AX10000 replaced my previous Netgear Nighthawk. Everything was working when the Nighthawk was the router in place. Nothing else has changed. So the problem is not Windoze or a firewall or security software or the PC NICs or a driver or a ....you get the idea. The problem is the AX10000. I just don't know what option to change to make something so basic work correctly. You shouldn't have to IMO, but if someone knows the answer please share.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Computers Connected to AX10000 Cannot Ping or Communicate
2023-07-04 08:26:42

@fdsjfhjkds 

Usually when we connect or join a new network, we will need to select the location or type of the network including home, work or public.

If you select public network, your PC will be hidden from other devices on the network.

By the way, how about pinging a wired PC from a wireless PC? if it doesn't work either, you'd better disable the Windows Firewall for a try.

Options
Re:Computers Connected to AX10000 Cannot Ping or Communicate
2023-07-04 18:43:20

@fdsjfhjkds 

I can't make this any clearer. 

With my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 in place, everything works. Pings, RDP, etc. all work perfectly and as expected.

Replace the R7000 with the AX10000 and change nothing else. Pings stop working. RDP stops working.

Logically, the thing that changed is causing the problem. That's the AX10000. Somehow it is preventing basic low level networking functionality. 

I have no idea why and predictably, neither does TP-Link Support. Asking me where I bought the device and what the make and model of my PCs are reveals its own story.

No matter. 

The AX10000 is now back in its box and heading back to the retailer.

Should have stuck with Netgear. I have never had a problem with their routers before.

No further replies needed. Thank you to those who viewed this post and replied. Case closed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 234

Replies: 2

Related Articles