TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network

TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network

19 Reply
Re:TP Link Range extender kills the internet in the rest of the network
2024-04-01 08:01:12

Hi @tsaosalt. I wrote about my 'solution' above. After trying everything, I returned the TP extender and bought one from another brand. It's been working well since. However, the issue itself was never resolved; I couldn't get the TP-Link extender to work.

Options
2024-04-07 16:10:44

@buxter Hi, I have the same issue, but I fixed it by disabling the DHCP for the extender,  this let the router managing IPs with no issue.

Options
2024-04-09 16:20:56

@AhmedSaeed I also did that and it worked for a day or so then the problems came back as before

Options
a week ago

@buxter 

I had the same issue with a TL-WA850RE.  Drove me nuts.  I followed the clues provided by @jesperk2 and this resolved the situation.

- Turned off DCHP Server on the Extender

- Left the main router DCHP Pool as set

- Left the main router IP as set

- Set the IP adress of Extender to not pick up IP address automatically and then set the IP address of Extender to be one digit at the end different to the main router.

Everything now working fine.

Options
a week ago

@buxter 

Hmm...I was premature.  Less than five minutes after changing the settings and there seeming to be no conflict between the main router (TP-Link VX220-G2v2) and the TL-WA850RE Extender, the problem resurfaced. Although initially being able to connect to either device, depending where I was in the house, within minutes after I disconnected from the WA850RE, I could not connect to the main router while the Extender was switched on.  As soon as I turned it off, I was able to connect immediately to the main router.

I won't spend any more time on the WA850RE device. I've concluded it is cheap for a reason and I'll get something else. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hello Gents,

I had exactly the same problems with TL-WA860RE. After exhausting all the advices here on the forum I'm returning the repeater (luckily I'm still in 14 days returning period no questions asked). But then I remembered that I have an older TL-WA860RE somewhere. I think I bought it like 10 years ago. It doesn't have the strenght settings and few others functions and there is a on/off button on the cover. But wierdly enough it is not killing the network at all. So I presume only the newer versions of TL-WA860RE are somewhat faulty.

Have a nice day

Kamil 

Options
a week ago

@Riley_S 

I have the similar issue with TL-WA850RE. When i connect RE to main router which is Archer C50, I am unable to connect my laptop WiFi internet through router Archer C50. Where as i am able to connect my laptop WiFi internet through RE. When i diagnose the issue in laptop the errors are , IP is not assigned, IPv6 DNS servers with error message fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1, etc. appears in WiFi SSID properties.

The other strage behaviour is i am able to connect my mobile phone WiFi to router but not laptop WiFi, when RE is connected. When RE is removed then i am able to connect my laptop WiFI to router.

I have purchased RE for extending WiFi to some CCTV connectivity purpose which is quite far from my laptop working area and so i cannot use RE WiFu for latptop. I need to have router WiFi to be made available for other users which is killed by adding RE in the network. Pl help to resolve this strange issue

-Gangadhar

Options
a week ago

@Gangadhar1 Hi. I was unable to resolve the problem with the extender. I had purchased it through Amazon Australia. I returned it for a refund because there was clearly a problem with it. Instead I purchased a slightly more expensive (only an extra $25) TP Link AC750 MESH WiFi Extender (Dual Band) which has been working just fine and has not caused any of the problems caused by the TL-WA850RE.

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Updating firmware to the latest release should resolve the issue described by the OP - TL-WA850RE(EU)_V7_1.0.13 Build 231115 - here.

You can see more details for this particular issue in this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Tags

Problem
Related Articles