BE900 - 2.4GHz problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

BE900 - 2.4GHz problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
BE900 - 2.4GHz problems
BE900 - 2.4GHz problems
2023-07-12 13:43:48 - last edited 2023-07-12 13:51:12
Model: Archer BE900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230523 rel.35975(5553)

Since day one of using this router I am expereicing issues with the 2.4GHz wifi. Both the 5GHz and the 6GHz are working fine.

I reboot my router everything will work for a while, then at some poiny the 2.4GHz network will now longer allow devices to connect. The SSID will show up on ALL devices, but won't connect to the network.

This router has 4 wifi networks. The 2.4GHZ network has a seperate SSID name, than the two 5GHZ SSID's (5GHz are both labeled "x" the 2.4GHz is labeled "y' and the 6GHz is labeld "xy" as an example)  All netowrks use the same SSID password.

After a reboot I'll leave my labop connected to "y" (the 2.4GHz) wifi my Amazon Alexa speaker is configured to only connect to the 2.4GHz and work all day. If I connect my laptop to "x", after a couple hours, the Amazon Alexa speaker will loose the connection to the internet, if at that time I try to connect my iphone 13 to the "y" network it will say wrong password, and my laptop can connect to the "y" but says no internet, and then will revert back to the 5Ghz network. 

A reboot will resolve the issue, until it happens again...

Help please!

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE900 - 2.4GHz problems
2023-07-13 03:32:11 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:38:03

@KAG916 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. Could you please try to change the 2.4G WiFi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page? 

2. Usually how many client devices are connected to the Archer BE900? and what are they? 

3. Is there any other extender or access point in your network except for the Archer BE900?

4. How often does the issue happen usually? such as once a day, or more frequently?

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-17 13:20:16

@Sunshine 

So it was happening almost within hours of a reboot, then a few days ago I added another item to the 2.4ghz network (a soundbar connected to a TV) after doing this the 2.4ghz network seemed stable for about 5 days, then last night I came home from work and again my Amazon Alexa speaker was connected to the 2.4ghz network but did not have internet access, also my Apple TV was on the 2.4ghz network and it too was not able to access the internet. So it's not one device that is the issue.

Usually I it seems i have around 20 clients on the wifi network at one time. I use this at home, so laptops, iPad, iPhones, two Apple TV devices, 4 TV's and a couple Amazon speakers, also one HP printer.

Last night I rebooted the router again, after noticing the 2.4 ghz network was down again. I woke up today and it's still seems to be working.

This mooring I changed the 2.4ghz Channel from AUTO to 11, and width from AUTO to 40.

Options
2023-07-18 05:31:37 - last edited 2023-07-18 05:36:55

@Sunshine 

The 2.4 ghz network was working when I left today around 3pm and it was down (or connected devices are not able to get to the internet) when I arrived home at 10pm.

This is after making the changes suggested earlier on the width and channel. 

I changed the channel width from 40, to 20 clicked save and now my devices are able to get on the internet on the 2.4ghz netowork.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 840

Replies: 3

Related Articles