Archer BE-800 Router -- DHCP Setup Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-15 00:05:58 - last edited 2023-07-18 01:41:28
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I have a few questions about the DHCP settings in the BE-800 router. Some background: I have 35-40 connected devices and I have assigned a LAN “Reserved IP Address” to each device on the DHCP setup screen. All of the devices are working. See the screen shot which shows just three of the devices on the DHCP setup screen.

1. There is a Status on/off switch for each device that has a Reserved IP Address. I have not been able to find anything in the user manual about that switch. What exactly does it do?

2. Most of my connected devices get the Reserved IP Address I assigned to them but some get a different IP address that I have not assigned to any device. (Yes, I checked the MAC addresses on the DHCP setup screen and they are all correct.) Why would this be happening and what can I do to correct it?

3. On the DHCP setup screen some of my devices have a Device Name listed (it picked up those names from the devices over the network) but for many/most of my devices no device name is shown. Is there any way I can manually enter a device name? That would be very useful! (Most other routers I’ve used have that capability but this one doesn’t seem to.)

4. Can the list of devices with Reserved IP addresses be sorted by either IP address or MAC address? That would be very useful! The devices seem to be listed mostly in the order I entered them which is not a useful order.

I’d greatly appreciate any help with these questions!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer BE-800 Router -- DHCP Setup Questions
2023-07-16 21:39:43

@PMokover Not sure about the others but to assign names to your devices, go to "Network Map" (this is the first page you see after logging into the web UI), select "Clients", and you'll find a pencil icon in the "Device Info" column which renames the device it follows.

Options
Re:Archer BE-800 Router -- DHCP Setup Questions
2023-07-18 01:40:25

@AkazaRenn Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles