Ethernets from other rooms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 06:53:35

Hello,

I just got the X60 series and set up the main device by removing the old router and connecting the x60 directly to the modem as directed to by the app. 

The issue is that I have Ethernet cables that run from the other rooms in the house (3 total) that were connected to my old router. With the x60 only having 2 Ethernet ports, how should I connect the 3 ethernets coming from the other rooms? I was planning to plug the remaining 2 x60 devices into the Ethernet ports in those said rooms. But now those ports do not have a connection. 

Not sure if this all makes sense, please let me know if further/better explanation is needed. 

thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernets from other rooms
2023-07-24 19:14:00

@IDKthis,

The Ethenet Ports of your Deco can always be expanded on by adding a network switch after the main deco, or satellite Decos. You should be able to add any switch to the network; however, for plug-and-play functionality I would look at an unmanaged switch for your home. Here is the list of our Switches currently available: https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/all-soho-switch/

You can take a look at this FAQ, but the gist can be seen in this image:

5a783468d06145d19ce610544f810ae5

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 1

Related Articles