Deco App Update w/ Dark Mode, Widgets and Custom IP Reservations

2023-07-25 22:59:01 - last edited 2024-03-22 20:50:58

Hey Deco Users!

In case you haven’t noticed, your Deco App has received a few updates recently. Included are some of the most requested features and accessibility tools that were added.

Latest Update for Android and iOS:

2c72b7bdeda84b2e97c176d046a14d47

Support for Dark Mode

We know this has been one of the number one requests from the community. When first opening your app after the update, you may receive a prompt to configure the theme of the Deco App. Otherwise, the setting may be found in the left sidebar under “App Settings”

Added Menu Option for Dark Mode to Switch Between:

• Light Mode,

• Dark Mode, or

• Follow your Phone’s Theme

Give the Dark Mode a Try and Let Our Team Know What You Think of the Dark Mode Design.

Share Wi-Fi Network and Password via QR Code

When viewing your Wi-Fi Settings in the Deco App, the Share Button listed for the Guest and Main Networks will now create a QR code allowing your guests to quickly connect to your network.

This QR allows guests to connect without requiring the user to know or input the network password.

Home Screen Widget for Parental Controls1c828f4c48c0426281882f9f3cbfe134

We know that users like to keep a sharp eye on the activity across their parental control profiles. In the latest update, two widget styles were added to give a brief overview of a profile’s activity without having to open the Deco App.

For all users, the default widget will show the overall usage time of a parental control profile.

HomeShield Pro Users are provided with more in-depth details regarding usage, based on the Online Time Analysis Feature. The Chart Provided will be the same as the chart in the Deco App that is unlocked with HomeShield Pro.

Custom Address Reservation Settings

53a9644f1fab4aceb0cd7b2919265a01In the latest update, you no longer have to choose from a list of connected devices when creating an IP Reservation.

It is now possible to manually enter both the MAC address and IP address of the device, before even connecting the device to your network.

Once the widget is placed, you will be prompted to select a Parental Control profile to display on that widget.

If you are not prompted to choose a profile, please tap and hold the widget on your home screen to find the “Edit Widget Option” – Here you can select or change the displayed profile.

In Previous Updates for Android and iOS:

Landscape Mode for Tablets

In the previous update, iPad compatibility for Landscape Mode was added. This feature was previously tested as part of our TestFlight program but let us know if you see any odd behaviors resulting from landscape use. This Feature is now also available to Android Tablets as well. 

Voice-Over Screen Reader

Our team has seen the latest requests to make the Deco App more accessible to users. As a first step to improving access to the Deco App, compatibility for Voice-Over Screen Readers was Added. If you use the Voice Reader function on your phone, please let our team know about your experience and if you think something could be improved.

Biometric Login Methods

Probably the Oldest Feature on this List, the Deco App supports both FaceID and Fingerprint Login Methods to secure your Deco App. You can find this setting in your Deco App Settings.

39da2e89f3e84646af980f00f9889c52

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco App Update w/ Dark Mode, Widgets and Custom IP Reservations
2023-07-30 19:53:38

@Riley_S Regarding IP address reservation, why it should be within the range of DHCP., If it matches the subnet mask, it should be accepted

lets say that I want the first 100 IPs (10.0.0.1-10.0.0.100) for my own assignment, and DHCP will start assigning from 10.0.0.101 onward!

How can this be done?

Options
2023-08-02 01:51:24

@gt2000sa yes, this is a peeve of mine as well. Forcing reservations to be inside the dchp range is the opposite of how you'd usually do it

Options
2023-08-10 14:19:09

@Riley_S this is not how IP reservations should work.  They should be inside DHCP.  The issue now is we will have to hard code the IP Addresses for each device.

Options
2023-08-19 11:35:40

@gt2000sa 

You would rather statically assign the last addresses yourself, and let DHCP dynamically assign the first adresses.

Options
2023-08-19 16:15:16

@yves_b 

That is not how it should work.  
1) I make the pool 192.168.1.201-254 available for assignment
2) I RESERVE 192.168.1.30-39 to specific devices.
The way it currently works, I would have to make 192.168.1.30-254 available for assignment.  

Options
2023-08-19 16:58:37

@yves_b I already have the assignments with old router(s), and I depend on it, for years.

what is did is to make the deco as access point, and loose most of the options

Options
2023-09-27 12:41:31

@Riley_S 

I tried the widget that shows the network status map and bandwidth numbers, on IOS 17 on iPad.

it seems to have a visual defect where on occasion instead of the icon of the Deco cylinder (for one node), it shows some odd text like "78Deco".

Also the bandwidth numbers do not seem to auto-update.

Thanks,

Mark

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1651

Replies: 7

Related Articles