2 devices popping up when only adding 1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 20:50:23

1.  I have an odd things happening. I add my 2nd phone, and it shows up, but another "unknown" device also shows up at exactly the same time. I have done it numerous times at different intervals with same result, so dont think it is someone else hacking in.

To double check that I have deleted the corect one I shut off the wifi on my phone and this is what happens:

2.  I have deleted the "unknown device, and it shows the named one and it shows activity. I shut off the wifi on the phone, and it still shows activity. I also shut the phone off completely and it still shows activity. I am positive this is not someone else hacking into my network, I just recently had this wifi installed, I think it has to do with the odd "Unknown" device always adding in addition to the one I originally named when it was set up.. 

Why would it add 2 devices when adding one Iphone?

Options
3 Reply
Re:2 devices popping up when only adding 1
2023-08-02 23:38:48

@art34 

This isn't an app realated or at least it would seem.  What product do you have?

Options
2023-08-02 23:59:13

@Carl actually I just now resolved it. I had to reset my iphones network settings. Now the app only shows my phone and no "unknown" phone along with it.

iphone>settings>general>reset>reset network

then signed in to wifi and app only showed the phone I connected

Options
2023-08-03 14:32:48

@art34 

Great to hear.  Thank you for following up and letting us know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 3

Related Articles