Guest Network: How does isolation work?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 11:34:03

I have Guest network setup on my AX10000 and all the WiFi devices connect to it. This includes IoT devices, SmartTVs, kids' laptops, tablets and iPhones. I unchecked the setting where devices on the guest network can see each other and they can't access my local network. I then have the regular WiFi network setup where only my laptop, tablet and iPhone connect to it. This is my way of sorta creating my own secured and unsecured network.

I tested the setup with a laptop connected to the guest network. I cannot Ping any of the devices on the regular network. I also cannot access any of the networked drives or shared folders on my. So this tells me it's working as it should.

What I don't understand is how this is all possible when all the devices on the guest network and regular network have the same subnet? They all have the same 192.168.0.x IP address.

Would love to understand how they're being separated/isolated but yet all are in the same subnet. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 0

Related Articles