Can/Does my Powerline Range Extender use house wiring-borne Internet data?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 20:07:12
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Not Identifiable

The basic system I have is a TL-PA7017 kit where my router feeds one adapter via an ethernet cable and in another room a second adapter feeds a smart TV via an ethernet cable therefore the assumption is that internet data is available on the house mains circuit. 

What I want to achieve is WiFi in another room that is part of the same house mains circuit. To do that, on the advice of TP-Link Support, I bought a TL-WPA7617 WiFi Range Extender - not part of a kit - with expectation that it would create a WiFi zone. Having followed the install instructions so far achieved is the Power LED lit and similarly the WiFi LED, but no Powerline LED and no internet. It would seem that it's not a simple as pairing with another Powerline device which was the expectation - apparently not plug-and-play.

Advice please on what I need to do to achieve such a simple aim.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can/Does my Powerline Range Extender use house wiring-borne Internet data?
2023-08-17 23:26:35

@Stewart-C_1 

It really is that simple.  Push the pair button on one of the existing units for 1 second and then within 60 seconds press the pair button on the new unit.  Of course, both units must be plugged in and powered on.  But that really is all that is needed.  

Options
Re:Can/Does my Powerline Range Extender use house wiring-borne Internet data?
2023-08-18 15:13:19
The solution you gave has worked, so thanks. But it did take several attempts to get the two items 'talking' but now seems OK.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 2

Related Articles