Poe injector for X50-Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 17:59:28
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I will be adding an X50-Outdoor unit to my existing XE75 Pro mesh network. Switch SG108E is the first connected device to the main XE75 unit. (The 2nd XE75 unit is connected via WiFi to the main)

Can I run a short ethernet cable from my switch to Injector PoE160S, and then from the injector to the X50-Outdoor to power it?

In other words, is this the correct injector to buy and ok to wire it as mentioned?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Poe injector for X50-Outdoor
2023-08-21 18:55:04

@ChuckBits,

This should be no problem,  the X50 - Outdoor requires a 17W connection. The PoE160S can deliver up to 30W of power. I wouldn't recommend trying to power another node with this same run.

You may take a look at PoE Switches as another option, as they can be used for other devices also. Overall though,  you will have no difficulty with what you are trying, as long as the total PoE Run doesn't exceed 100m

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Poe injector for X50-Outdoor
2023-08-21 19:12:20

@Riley_S Thank you for the quick response. No problem regarding extra node(s) or distance. The X50 will physically be less than 10 feet from my switch via a 25 foot ethernet cable! We live in a solid concrete beach condo with a heavy hurricane resistant sliding door to the balcony. Once the door closes, wifi signal goes from great to zero, hence the need for the X50.

Thanks again 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 2

Related Articles