ER605 Dual WAN conflict--maybe??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-28 16:57:37
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230522 Rel 68968

We have a Deco X55 Mesh system installed in our home in Panama.  We purchased an ER605 Dual WAN switch to connect the Tigo Fiber Optics and Starlink using the failover.  Tigo will be the primar and Starlink is the backup.  I have watched numerous videos on the setup and still cannot seem to get the setup correct for the ER605.  It will run perfectly for quite a few hours and then the Primary (Tigo) will fail and it will not swtich to the backup automatically.  If I restart the Tigo modem and connect to the Deco X55, bypassing the ER605, then Tigo works perfectly.  If I disconnect Tigo from the ER605 and only have Starlink connected to the WAN and then to the Deco X55, Starlink works perfectly.  

I think there must be a conflict somewhere but have not been able to find it.  I have changed the LAN IP address and associated ranges on the ER605 to 10.10.10.1.  This does seem to help the problem.  On Load Balancing, only the first bax is checked not the bottom two boxes related to Load Balancing.  

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 Dual WAN conflict--maybe??
2023-08-28 19:20:33

@bphogenson,

I would recommend posting to our SMB forums, as we don't provide support for the ER605 on a consumer side, and it sounds as though it may be simple setting that needs to be changed. They will also be able to provide far more insight into the cause of the behavior.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:ER605 Dual WAN conflict--maybe??
2023-08-28 19:24:30
Thanks
Options