TL-WA1201 v3.6 Won't run on POE from the switch.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 01:32:23
Model: TL-WA1201  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: current

I have a 8 port gigabit switch with 4 POE ports. It works for 2ea IP phones and it was serving the Access point this is replacing. It won't light up when connected to the POE switch. I've used multiple proven cables, multiple proven ports, including the cable provided in the box.

It will work with the provided power supply if plugged in directly or through the POE injector device.

I want to eliminate extra wall warts.

What could be the problem? The POE switch provides power to 2 yealink t21p phones, so it does push power at an acceptable voltage/amperage for other eq. Does the TL-WA1201 use a different voltage? 

It ran a d-link WAP along with the rest of the load with no problems for years. 

Other than that, the setup is straight forward, it appears to run very well. Just need ot to work on standard POE.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA1201 v3.6 Won't run on POE from the switch.
2023-09-14 06:16:31

@Owelesstax 

Hello, the TL-WA1201 supports Passive PoE to carry electrical power and data simultaneously, however, the PoE switch supports Standard PoE.

Please note that Passive PoE and Standard PoE are different and not compatible with each other, it is recommended to use provided power supply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles