Tether issue with mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether issue with mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tether issue with mesh
Tether issue with mesh
2023-09-11 06:42:25
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.13.1 Build 230609 Rel.31746n(4555)

Dear All,

I made a small test mesh setup, main device was Archer C6, 2 satelites were RE315 wifi repeaters. I use Tether to manage this devices sometimes, so i connected my tplink user to this devices. Some days later, i have to use the 2 RE315 in other situation, other place, made reset and use them in simple AP mode. I connected this 2 device with my tplink user (and tether ofcourse) and it shows, that this 3 devices are still in Mesh configuration.. I tried to turn of Easymesh completely at Archer c6, logged out from the 2 RE315 and logged back, but the situation is the same:

mesh problem

I made a test with an other RE305, simple logged and connected this device to my tplink/tether user and it works fine, shows it's an alone cloud device.

How can i delete/unlock the two RE315 from the mesh ?

Thanks,

Szabolcs

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tether issue with mesh
2023-09-11 21:08:03

@kuf,

You should be able to remove the device by disabling OneMesh on the RE interface, or by opening the settings for the mesh/extended network on the Router - from there you should be able to remove a specific device from that network configuration.

The UserGuide for the RE315 has a section that details all three methods of removing the extender from the mesh network.

Options
Re:Tether issue with mesh
2023-09-12 10:32:40

@Riley_S 

Thanks and of course, i tried it, but on the main router (archer c6) the mesh section is completely disabled now. When i enable, the aren't any satelite device, so cannot unbind RE315:

b8caf0efab7c47d19ac74fa7d44ea79b

I tried to find any mesh options at RE315 with Tether app, but cannot find :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 2

Related Articles