Force a wireless camera to a mess nodeX60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 22:30:36
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: US/1.6

I have a wireless outdoor camera. Many times it connects to the main node which is the furthest node. There's one within a couple of feet of the camera, but still connects to the main node. 

When the camera is connected to the main node, the app for the camera says the signal strength is "fair". When the camera connects to the node next to it, the app says the signal is "strong".

Is there a way to force the camera to connect to a specific node? I don't see a way to do so within the Deco app. 

I have the X60. Ver US/1.6. 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Force a wireless camera to a mess nodeX60
2023-09-12 16:32:48

@RayS,

The feature exists, but it looks like it has not yet been released for your x60 model. When you eventually receive the update, there will be an option specifically meant to force the device's connection to a specific node.

Your camera is most likely connecting to the main node because it is still able to gain a strong and stable connection through the main node - which is technically more stable and has less latency than when connecting through a wireless satellite node. Was the camera acting up and having trouble?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles