AT&T Fiber and Deco XE75 Pro

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-13 01:16:30

Both my BGW320 and Deco XE 75 pro are set in router mode.  The 320 is set to up pass through so that the TP-Link device connected to the Fiber router is assigned a ip address and from there supposedly my deco router assigns all the rest. In theory this should work I think.  My problem is that over the months I have had fiber and the tp link mesh system I have come close to trashing them both. 

Is there any chance of getting the default settings for the xe75 pro (I mean every single setting). I'm tired of resetting and ending up with settings that I know are not defaults. 

thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:AT&T Fiber and Deco XE75 Pro
2023-09-14 00:49:34 - last edited 2023-09-14 00:49:41

@Michigas,

The factory reset really should default all the settings.... are there specific settings catching your eye?

From the WebUI of Deco, you can manually 'restore' the firmware manually 'restore' the firmware with one that you download from your product's download page. You may also consider following the instructions for what to do if your Deco is bricked, this would be the closest to a firmware flash, but is far more intensive and should really only be used as a last resort

What issues have you been having? We may be able to help figure out what would help your case, such as configuring a static IP that points toward your modem. 

Does your BGW320 still provide a wireless network to use?

I DO BELIEVE, but will have to check that it is that model for sure, that the BGW20 actually has known issues. A few users have mentioned that simply swapping ports on the gateway fixed the behaviors, others have had to exchange their gateways. I can try and find the post on the ATT forums that mentions the issues.

Options
Re:AT&T Fiber and Deco XE75 Pro
2023-09-29 16:19:59
I would really appreciate it, if you could locate that thread on the att forums. Currently i have had to disconnect the deco and use only the bgw (which unfortunately does not meet my needs and ATT tech support over the phone is a joke. I had really hoped to use by xe75 pro as a router but after multiple tries i think that's impossible. It is also difficult to use as AP and either way all the peripherals like KASA plugs and switches, etc are constantly disconnecting. I am almost ready to go back to spectrum and just have their modem instead of ATT router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1302

Replies: 2

Related Articles