Connect a Brother HL-1440 printer to USB port on A TP-Link-AC1200 Archer C50 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect a Brother HL-1440 printer to USB port on A TP-Link-AC1200 Archer C50 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-13 22:22:10
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have the printer connected to a computer using ethernet to the router and can access it from two other computers that use WiFi.  It would be much more efficient and convienient to connect the printer to the router and allow all the computers access it directly without having to go through the original computer.

I think this can be done but I have not found instructions to do this, at least not any that I can understand. 

All computers run Windows to Home.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect a Brother HL-1440 printer to USB port on A TP-Link-AC1200 Archer C50 Router
2023-09-14 03:53:25

@rangercarol 

Hi, may I know if your printer supports Ethernet connection? If so, you could connect it to the LAN port of your router directly, no special settings required on the router.

Options