Votes

Deco Configuration Backup

Votes

Deco Configuration Backup

35 Reply
RE:Deco Configuration Backup
a week ago
Deco solution should have this feature. I am fighting to get rolling main XE75 combined with X10 and TP-LINK support recommens me to do some exercises switching these two as main unit and the first thing I started looking for is backup restore of my configuration and found this thread...
Options
Re:Deco Configuration Backup
a week ago

Today I find acessing deco configuration througth the webpage, and finally saw the option to backup router settings to a file.

I'm currently on 1.5.0 firmware version on my Deco S7.

Best regards.

c11493a4d71349d1b38547eb67eb5a89

Options
RE:Deco Configuration Backup
a week ago

@zdeseb Honestly shocked they stuill havent provided this yet - As soon as I find some other Mesh APs on sale (by a manufacturer who listens to thier users) I'll be switching away.

Options
a week ago

That's really interesting @Anderson_R - as the S7 is a slightly older unit, with slower speeds (and no wifi 6?) so you'd think the newer ones would just build upon the previous features but clearly they have messed up or rewritten the firmware from scratch and omitted the backup feature as it's not present on X55s with Firmware 1.55:00db47e280b24af3ac7e70efa93a7b5e
I wonder if it's included on the more expensive, newer units, and touted as a 'feature', when it's really a basic need.

Options
a week ago

Since they are not willing to listen or respond to these issues, perhaps we should place appropriate feedback in the app stores. At least this way we can warn others to stay away from these useless routers. They are simply Wifi units, nothing more that is practically useable.

The more negative feedback in the app stores, the better for everyone.

Options

Voters 13

+ 9 Voters