Votes

Deco Configuration Backup

Votes

Deco Configuration Backup

35 Reply
RE:Deco Configuration Backup
2024-06-02 11:40:14
I agree that it is really crucial to be able to backup your configuration.
Options
2024-06-10 12:09:07

I just set up a pair of x55 units and really hope I can back up the configuration before something goes wrong. It's takes a long time to enter address reservations via the app!  Also DDNS stings, etc. 

Options
2024-06-10 16:04:10

@erich256 

Sorry to break it to you but if that's important you might wanna return your units. These don't have that support and TP LINK aren't listening and adding it 

Options
2024-06-17 16:42:41
It's a real PITA to retype all of my reserved IP Addresses when the network changes. Every other Router I've ever owned has theimport / export feature. Please implement this.
Options
Re:Deco Configuration Backup
2024-06-22 17:46:16

same story for me, have been looking for this functionality for years now but no luck. 
As someone else said tp-link does no listen or care , the only positive thing about this brand is the price. 

Can anyone advise of a router with backup capability and/or that can be configured via file/ssh? I'd really like to store my configuration in Git and be able to change dhcp reservation (At least) without getting on my phone.

Looking at Asus at the moment but I'm not sure if there is anything better around?

Options
2024-07-14 01:24:53

@xjsimon 

I purchased my Deco BE16000 a few weeks ago and it has been working great.  Today, it dawned on me that I never created a backup of my configuration.  I hunted around the app looking for a backup option that I thought would surely be there.  Doing a search to see how I was missing it brought me here.  I am shocked there is no way to backup the Deco's configuration.

I am ordering some other equipment and was planning on putting my system into AP mode.  Before making the switch, I wanted to do a quick backup.

I really hope this feature gets added, as it is pretty important.  This makes me even more convinced that I need to run this in AP mode and then do all of my configurations on the other router/switches which will be able to be backed up.

This is disappointing and surprising.  I wish more people would upvote this since no one knows they need this feature until they need it...

Options
2024-07-14 01:27:27
There is no way to "upvote" this. This feature has been requested for years and it's been ignored. I want the same. I want to backup my settings. I always did with my old Netgear routers.
Options
2024-07-29 03:18:58

@DezM 

DezM wrote

There is no way to "upvote" this. This feature has been requested for years and it's been ignored. I want the same. I want to backup my settings. I always did with my old Netgear routers.

Maybe so, but I just did a search on 'Feature Requests' here in the forum, and this is the only thread that comes up when I search for 'Backup' in it.  The fact that there are only 11 votes for this feature, when many different advanced features are being requested, I find absolutely crazy.  

All of the advanced features don't mean anything if your Main Deco dies and you need to reconfigure everything from scratch.  I honestly don't get how this wouldn't be the absolutely first thing anyone would request.  I don't want to spend considerable time configuring any advanced features if I can't backup the config to begin with.

Options
2024-08-01 19:18:53
Almost regret buying this Deco set because it can't do basic backup / restore if needed. Unbelievable!
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Techie101 

Hello tp-link support: Configuration Backups.

I spent days configuring all of my standard devices and then a segragated network for smart devices.

A backup feature is important for a mainstream home network system.

Have a look at... every other wireless router mfg. in the market.

Also, the Deco mesh main design is easy to use, just enough tech. for special configurations (port forwarding for instance), but not having a method to back up the configuration just boggles the mind.

Options

Voters 13

+ 9 Voters