New Archer BE550 constant disconnects

New Archer BE550 constant disconnects

25 Reply
Re:New Archer BE550 constant disconnects
2024-02-28 00:45:03

@maksakal,

Thanks for the added information and feedback, I will let the teams know and keep an eye out for updates.

For your second behavior, it almost sounds like this is a setting or route conflict,

Try disabling TWT (Target Wake Time) to see if there is a difference.

I would ensure that you are not in a Dual NAT configuration.

On the affected devices, try disabling Private Addressing.

I would also try changing your DNS server to a common service, such as Google or Cloudflare.

Does this behavior exist on your wired devices? Does the behavior exist on all your wireless networks? Are there devices which it seems to happen to more often?

Lastly, Does the behavior occur across your entire network at one time?

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2024-03-08 08:04:28

@Riley_S Apologies, I can't test anymore. I returned it since I was still in the return windows. Thanks for your help and suggestions though!

Options
2024-03-19 20:17:09 - last edited 2024-03-20 16:00:58

@DanDaredum I was having simlar problems with the newly installed BE550 I put in yesterday to replace a dead 3.75 year old Archer AX50.

I noticed my WiFi signal would drop out and disappear, as if the WiFi was rebooting every 10 minutes or so. In the mean time, I would not be able to access the web management portal, even though I was hard wired straight into the router.

I also noticed that when I was able to reach the management page, it would show that the WAN cable was unplugged, even though I was getting some Internet access from either the recently reconnected WiFi or from the Ethernet connected devices. 

After combing through a lot of community forums and posts, I found something that actually prevents the WiFi from randomly rebooting every 10 to 15 minutes: 

Turn off MU-MIMO and only have OFDMA on. Or have them both off. This can be found in the Advanced-Wireless section.

The logs are not helpful on the router cause I noticed after the reboot they either don't show the crash, or it gets wiped from the cache.

As of now, the WiFi hasn't rebooted or cut out since I have done so, and it has been pretty soild for the past 10 hours or so.

Edit: I actually REALLY wanted MU-MIMO (it's been available on routers since 2016), so I tried another setting in which I enabled MU-MIMO, and turned off EasyMesh. Happy to report that the wireless network has been steady for the last hour since doing so.

Options
2024-05-12 01:55:08 - last edited 2024-05-13 00:21:54

@Riley_S 

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved?

Just installed BE550 and it keeps losing the Internet every 5-7mim. I have changed the DNS but still the same issue.

What's going on with TP Link products? There is no proper testing and you are releasing unstable products to the public.

Downgraded and upgraded but no luck.

024776eaa2e841fea6a5714659610fc5

Options
2024-05-14 02:05:20

@Maximus27 Did a hard reset and no more disconnects. It's a shame a company like Tp-link cannot provide stable products and customers have to troubleshoot themselves to fix buggy out of the box products.

Options
3 weeks ago
I too am having same issue with the BE550 and have tried all suggestions. A shame TP-Link can't figure this out with all the complaints they're getting. I have the latest firmware 1.0.8 20240226 rel. 61914(5553). Wish they would push out stable version so the internet connects would STOP dropping daily! Wasnt worth the aggravation to upgrade the router...all hype, no return for the price.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Radster hey, did you perform a hard reset after the latest firmware update?

I did that and it's working fine without any issues.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Radster yeah when I replied to this last time, 1.0.7 was the firmware I was on. 
1.0.8 had issues, and the latest is now 1.0.9. Got to definitely get on that firmware version.

there is another thread floating around here discussing issues with MU-MIMO on 1.0.8

Options
2 weeks ago

@Maximus27  Hi ....I'm not sure what the latest firmware is, but my unit when I go to system firmware update says I have latest? 

Do you know what the latest version should be?

Also when you do a hard reset, are you wiping all setting that are on the router back to factory? 

Options
2 weeks ago

@Radster 

Hi

1.0.8 is the latest I think.

Yes wire to factory settings and then setup from start. I haven't faced any issues after reset

Options
Related Articles