Archer A7 Dropping Internet Daily (Wired and Wireless)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-02 18:51:58
Tags: #Troubleshooting
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220714 rel.75573(5553)

Currently running into an issue where my Archer A7 is dropping both wired and wireless connections every few days. The internet works fine until it suddenly cuts off and the little UFO on the router turns orange. I can connect to the router just fine during this time but there is no internet connection. After rebooting the router works as expected. I know the modem is fine because I have another router and the connections on it works during this time.

So far have

- Rebooted multiple times

- Factory reset multiple times

- Updated to latest firmware multiple times (after reset)

- Changed DNS server to cloudflare (1.1.1.2)

- Looked into logs although I think they are broken because the most recent is from when I purchased the router over a year ago.

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated before I have to go out and buy a different router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Dropping Internet Daily (Wired and Wireless)
2023-10-02 19:21:21

Update

It happened again about 1 hour later. Some additional info on what happened:

- I was able to log into the router during the outage although it dropped occasionally.

- The internet status said: poor connection (although the other router was working completely fine)

- CPU usage was sometimes hitting 99% briefly (could have just been page switch)

- The logs started working and I only see:

[5751] send discover with ip 0.0.0.0 and flags 0

Not sure what this means.

Options