New DECO XE75 is connected but red leds showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-02 19:24:14
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm not sure about versions but everything is up to date as of today. 

Internet is working at full ISP speed on all client devices.

If LEDs are turned on both deco devices show a red light

DECO app shows no internet exclamation mark on main deco unit

Running  diagnostics says "Perfect"

Wifi tools gives the network 5 stars

I've turned off the leds for now but why is this happening.

Can somebody tell me what determines why he red led shows?

Options
6 Reply
Re:New DECO XE75 is connected but red leds showing
2023-10-03 23:02:47

@vfennenneh,

If your network is working as expected, you should not have anything to worry about. But If you are experiencing drops or difficulties, I would recommend getting in touch with our support teams to help troubleshoot - or I can provide the beta firmware to see if the behavior is resolved.

We have seen similar behaviors and we do have a beta firmware that can be provided, but if the lights are the only symptom, I would recommend trying to wait for the official release.

Are you able to check the Hardware Version on the Label of the Main Deco?

Can you try to find the firmware version of your main node through the Deco App? This will help us understand if you are affected by the same behavior.

Options
2023-10-05 09:50:17

@Riley_S Everything is working fine apart from the red lights and the app shows "No Internet connection" with an exclamation mark on the main deco only. All the diagnostic tests work and say everything is fine and the speed is what I'd expect. Seems like very odd behaviour but ok, I'll stop worrying and leave the distracting LEDs switched off.

Options
2023-10-05 09:55:56

@Riley_S Sorry I can't see the H/W version on the label (unless it is where it says the serial number eith EU/2.0 after it?)

Firmware of both devices updated when I installed them. App shows version number 1.2.1 Build 20230601 Rel 58453 for both units.

Options
2023-10-05 14:13:20

I am having the same issue with Deco M5 in AP mode. All clients have internet access but the app reports no internet connection and the lights on both of my installed deco units are red.

Hardware Version 3.26

Firmware: 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023

Options
2023-10-05 15:42:31

I've found out the cause but I don't know how to fix it. I had manually changed the dns to point to my pihole dns server. When I do this I get the effect described internet working fine but the deco (and app) reports no internet. If I set it back to dynamic then it says everything is fine. So presumably the pihole is blocking something the deco needs to say it is online. I'll look at the pihole logs and see if I can work out what.

Options
2023-10-09 17:16:26 - last edited 2023-10-09 17:17:09

Ok so I feel a bit stupid. I had set the wan DNS to be my internal DNS which meant that the DHCP server was giving it out. So everything was working but the deco saw a problem. I did not realise I needed to set the wan DNS to auto and the DHCP DNS to my pihole. Everything has gone green again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 478

Replies: 6

Related Articles