Cannot block online clients that are connected via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-04 00:23:09
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 66598

I've been having a strange issue where I can block online clients that are connected via WiFi, but don't have an option to block an online client that is connected via ethernet. If the same client goes offline, I can then block them(which is purposeless at that point). I remember I was able to block every client whether wired or wireless but not have been able to block the wired ones since recently. I upgraded to the latest firmware with the help of a support agent but that didn't help much. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot block online clients that are connected via ethernet
2023-10-05 18:33:14

@Stan_Cher,

Well there was a new firmware version released on Sep 25 with the patch note that it fixes a bug where parental control do not take effect, so I would recommend starting there.

Deco M9 Plus(US)_V2_1.6.2 Build 20230906

You may try creating an IP reservation, naming the device, or assigning the device to an active profile - which will normally unlock more extensive blocking feature for the device and across the profile it is attached to.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 211

Replies: 1

Related Articles