Deco BE85 Open NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco BE85 Open NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco BE85 Open NAT
Deco BE85 Open NAT
2023-10-05 10:45:22 - last edited 2023-10-05 10:46:46
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I setup Nat forwarding in my deco for my xbox, but it still shows double nat? i have had to plug my xbox direct into my modem to get open nat?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco BE85 Open NAT
2023-10-05 15:58:44

@Madger,

Does your modem also provide a wi-fi signal? If so there are a few changes that need to be made so that the 'router' portion of your gateway is disabled.

What modem or gateway are you connecting to? IS there more than one device plugged into the modem from your ISP?

Options
2023-10-05 22:44:10

@Riley_S 

I have att fiber, modem has wifi disabled, i didnt have this issue with my orbi.

my setup is modem to deco to 2.5g switch to all accessories.

but as stated i moved my xbox from switch to modem to fix nat issue.

Options
2023-10-06 00:22:01 - last edited 2023-10-06 00:23:02

@Madger,

Gotcha, missed the switch part of the equation here.

I believe that Decos will ship with UPnP disabled, as it has an overall effect on your network performance and security. I would recommend disabling UPnP so that your Xbox can automatically open the needed ports - otherwise you can find the ports that need to be manually forwarded on the xbox site. 

I would honestly recommend proceeding through the Xbox FAQ for NAT as it provides a bit more detail on what the cause may be and will walk you through the UPnP steps also: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Lastly, for now, I would recommend removing the switch from the equation if possible, especially if it is a managed switch (has its own management interface)

Options
2023-10-06 00:42:34

@Riley_S 

My switches are 2.5g unmanaged. i have never had an issue with these. Upnp was enabled by default, should i enable QOS?

this system is fast and smooth it has been the smoothest transition to a new system i have had, my orbi was problematic, multiple cameras loosing connection randomly and wifi speeds were slow for a 6e system.

very happy with this mesh system besides the nat situation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 4

Related Articles