Deco BE16000: Get Started with Wi-Fi 7

2023-10-06 21:08:23 - last edited 2024-04-18 18:57:08
Model: Deco BE16000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Deco BE16000: Get Started with Wi-Fi 7b0fa169e1bcf4267aa8fccfbfd06f11c

Featuring 4 Multi-Gig Ethernet Ports, a dedicated 6 GHz band for your backhaul, and the latest features from Wi-Fi 7; the BE16000 provides the perfect opportunity to bring the advantages of Wi-Fi 7 to your home.

• 8-Stream 16 Gbps Quad-Band Wi-Fi – 5760 Mbps (6 GHz-1) + 5760 Mbps (6 GHz-2) + 3888 Mbps (5 GHz) + 688 Mbps (2.4 GHz).
  • 4 × 2.5 Gbps Ethernet ports - Maximize your home internet speeds across your entire home, providing an ideal solution to future-proof your home network.
  • Wireless and Wired Combined Backhaul – Using Multi-Link Operation (MLO), your Deco Nodes can use a wired and wireless backhaul simultaneously. 

Future-Proof Your Home Network: The Deco BE16000 is backward compatible with all Wi-Fi generations. This means that you can be sure that your network will keep up with the latest and greatest devices for years to come while maintaining compatibility with your oldest devices.

Enjoy Seamless Streaming and Gaming: With its blazing-fast speeds and ultra-low latency, the Deco BE16000 is perfect for streaming high-definition video and playing online games. You'll be able to enjoy a lag-free experience, even with multiple devices connected to the network or your partner streaming the entire season of their latest show in the next room. 

Check out the BE16000, Exclusively at Costco!

or

Learn More About How Deco Mesh Networks Take Advantage of Wi-Fi 7

Deco BE16000 Official Product Page

c14b51fdf06346aaae53138a2e31f3f0

Options
10 Reply
Re:Deco BE16000: Get Started with Wi-Fi 7
2024-01-20 19:54:47

@Riley_S 

Please help to resolve this issue. 
https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/651804

Options
2024-02-06 00:14:17

@Riley_S I just got a BE11000 from Amazon last week and now I see this.... what heck?  What's the difference?  It seems it's just 6 streams vs 8 streams? 

Options
2024-02-08 17:17:05

@imrj,

You are correct; the model listed above is only available from Costco and is a BE160000. The jump from 110000 to 160000 is a result of the additional streams. You likely ordered a BE10000 from Amazon which lists only 3. For the most part, the additional stream is used for a designated backhaul between nodes if needed

Options
2024-02-21 00:53:21 - last edited 2024-02-21 00:54:35

@Riley_S I purchased my BE16000 last week from BestBuy... my initlal thoughts were extremely positive.... until the last couple days.

For some reason, the connection between my main router and the nearest satellite changes from strong to medium on and off (over and over) and the amount of connected devices switches from around 16 or so (which is correct) to 0.

Thinking that I just had a poor connection between the main one and that satellite, I decided to run an ethernet cable from the main one to that satellite, and the same thing happens.  

I go from this:

68c60654a41a4df7be4fa9e412989412

to this:

388faca7b059487db7552de6bcd220be

Back and forth, over and over... one time you'll open the app and see it like it looks on that first image, another time you open the app and it looks like it does on that second one..  You can see on the first image that the connection appears as ethernet and several devices are connected to that satellite.  A few seconds later the ethernet is replaced by a poor wi-fi connection and all devices connected to it (and the satellite that comes after) also appears to have 0 clients.

This is extremely frustrating and I'm on the verge of returning them.  Do you have any possible reason why this is happening?  I just spent over $100 to run that ethernet cable (through walls and everything) thinking that was the issue, but the issue continues.

Bernardo

Options
2024-02-21 01:16:16

@BJPass 

I haven't had that issue, I have CAT8 ethernet runs between all three and I've never seen it try to switch to wifi back haul.... Those are 2.5GB ethernet so you do need a decent ethernet cable, I don't even know if CAT5 works, but could be wrong.... 

Options
2024-02-21 01:26:18

@imrj The connection between the main router and the nearest one is with Category 8 cable... just purchased it today just for this purpose.

Mine keeps switching back and forth (as you could see in the images) as if it was having issues connecting with the ethernet cable, but that cable is a direct connection between the two.  Just like yours, mine should work.

(The only difference between your setup and mine is that I am relying on Wi-Fi backhaul between two of them, but those are very close to each other).

Bernardo

Options
2024-02-21 23:00:36

Hey @BJPass,

A few questions that would help troubleshoot:

First, What is your Deco's current Firmware Version?

Does your backhaul pass through a network switch, or are the Decos wired directly together? If the backhaul is passing through a switch, what model / brand is it?

Have you had any new devices connect to your network since the behavior began?

Do you have your MLO network enabled? Does the behavior continue when the MLO network is disabled?

A behavior like this could potentially happen if you have a Dual NAT setup. Are you connecting your Decos to a Modem, or a Bridged Gateway?

Options
2024-02-21 23:23:18

@Riley_S Thank you for the reply.

To answer your questions.... 

1.- The Firmware version of my Deco units right now is, what I believe, is the latest one... which is 1.0.3 Build 20231118 Rel. 37086.

2.- The backhaul is connected directly from one unit to another, using a CAT 8 Cable.

3.- The behavior has been going on since I bought it... the connection between the main Deco and the closest satellite, even though they're not that far apart, has always registered in between "Strong" and "Medium", back and forth and back and forth.  And often when it appears as "Medium", the number of connected devices to that satellite, drops to 0.  It's becuase of this, thinking that there was some iterference between them, that I decided to run a dedicated CAT8 wire between them.  Instead of fixing the problem, however, it remained. 

Now, instead of going back and forth between "Strong" and "Medium" wireless, it goes back and forth between wired and wireless (with a weak signal when wireless).  That's what I sent in the pictures in my oringal post, which I'm sharing again.  This first image is how it looks when it appears as wired and everything looks good:

b93a9a991685448982b0e632dbf070f5

This second picture shows when it becomes "Weak".

1d9d5fba351d43bfac4a77e2d9a2b5b3

So, in aswer to that question, this issue has been going since day one, except that I inadverdently thought it was a bad connection due to interference, and yet that's not the case.

4.- The MLO network is not enabled.

5.- The system is kind of using a dual NAT, but not like you're saying.  I first have the AT&T fiber gateway, which is connected to a GL.iNet router.  That router is configured to use DHCP in the LAN ports.  I connect the Deco to a LAN port on that router and it obtains an IP address from that router.  So it is, basically, two routers one before the other, but neither of them is configured as a bridged gateway.  The GL.iNet router is providing an IP address to the Deco the same way the AT&T gateway would if it was connected to it.

The reason I have this set up is because the GL.iNET router provides me with failover protection.  There are two services connected to it (AT&T Fiber and Comcast).  If the fiber service goes down for any reason, the router automatically switches over to Comcast.

Do you suppose this setup could be causing these issues?

Options
2024-02-22 00:38:24

@BJPass 

I think that dual router setup might likely be your problem...

I also have ATT fiber and it's my main router with DHCP service... The deco are just AP mesh with no routing or DHCP server, that all comes from the ATT router (I have 5Gb fiber option)...the ATT router LAN interface (5gb) goes into an 8-port 10Gb switch that  each of my DECOs is connected into (those are 2.5Gb), this is all one flat network single subnet. I don't have my DECOs daisy chained to each other via ethernet, they each go to my 10Gb switch (thou it shoulndt really matter unless you are pushing a ton of traffic to flood the inner DECO ethernet interface)

I also have a Verizon 5G backup but only when I turn it on,  and then I unplug the ATT if the fiber is out (very rare) 

If you really, really need a dual "active-active" internet connection you are going to need better gear than what you have... (ie. carrier grade, such as Cisco, F5, and the likes)... 

I am speculating based on experience, and because there are so many variables involved, but I presume you are having some NAT or SNAT issues that sounds like when the tables are refreshed... I also assume all internal subnets are unique private address IPv4 (not IPv6) 

Your easiest path is likely thru a process of elimination...i would start by gettin the comcast router stuff out of the way temporarily and see if things improve or not

Options
2024-02-22 00:50:44

@imrj Thanks!  To be honest, seeing other people with the same hardware NOT having this issue is a bit of a relief.  At least I know that it's my setup (more than likely) and not the devices.

I will do exactly as you're suggesting and remove as many unnecessary things as possible for now to see if I find a solution.

Thanks again!

Bernardo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1450

Replies: 10

Related Articles