L535E Bulbs going offline and back online.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 21:38:00
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 230810 Rel. 140202

(Model L535E not available in model dropdown selector box.) I just replaced 3 Kasa bulbs that worked flawlessly with 3 Tapo L535E bulbs. They periodically go offline then back online and are sometimes slow to respond. Tapo app is up to date. Bulb firmware is up to date. Deco X55 mesh system firmware is up to date. Any ideas what is going on? Eveything else on the network is stable and rock solid. I'm about ready to put the Kasa bulbs back in.

Thanks for any help. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:L535E Bulbs going offline and back online.
2023-10-11 17:49:58

@NuklearNik,

Hmmm, a few things:

1) Are the Devices on Your IoT Network? Or can your phone communicate with the bulbs directly over your local network? If not, try controlling the devices from the same network they are connected to and seeing if the behavior persists.

2) Have you tried to assign an IP reservation for the devices? From the deco interface, also try disabling beamforming and mesh technology - since the bulbs are not moving, these settings can only cause issues.

3) While I believe Kasa and Tapo use the same servers, you may also try changing your network's DNS server.

Also, in case you did not know - Many Kasa device have had compatibility in the Tapo App added, so you may try seeing if your Kasa devices have received the treatment yet.

Options
2023-10-12 18:59:43

@Riley_S  Now my TAPO bulbs are responding much more quickly but the KASA bulbs are taking up to a minute to respond. Could my recent upgrade to 

Deco X55(US)_V1.6_1.3.0 Build 20230719

be part of the problem. System has been unstable with satellite nodes(ethernet backhaul)  going off and online. DECO app is up to date. Changed DNS in network connection to manual using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. When I try network optimization it never seems to complete. Would downgrading to previous DECO firmware cause any problems?

I would appreciate any help or ideas.'

Thanks!

Options
2023-10-14 00:14:49

@NuklearNik,

It looks like you have a firmware update available to your deco : https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x55/#Firmware

The 1.3.1 Update indicates that it can not be downgraded, but this usually means that breaking bugs were fixed or there are security patches; so I would recommend updating as it may address some of the behaviors you are seeing.

Based on your upcoming Deco Updates, I would highly recommend updating as your model is the first to receive the features and will likely have the bugs patched before the wider rollout is seen. Just this week, we saw a large  number of Decos received firmware updates.

Options
2023-10-14 15:46:50 - last edited 2023-10-14 15:52:06

@Riley_S Thanks for the reply. After my last message the network started rebooing, especially while using the Deco app. Fields in the app would not populate. I would get a message saying the dlient list could not be loaded and to reboot the main Deco. The satellite nodes would blink red for 20 or 30 seconds then come back on line. Wireless clients would go off line then back online. It got really bad.

Before I upgraded as you recommended I de-energized all 3 new Tapo bulbs and the network stabilized and stay stabilized for hours. I then re-energized them 1 at a time with a couple of hours in between. The 2nd one started ignoring commands after about an hour. De-energized that one. Re-energized the 3rd one and waited a couple of hours, I then applied the upgrade you recommended and that went well. Left the 2 bulbs energized overnight and network still appears stable. Noticed the Deco app got an upgrade this morning and installed that (3.6.7). Everythng seems stable.

I find it unusual that a wireless client could destabilize the network, causing it to reboot on it 's own. That's not really supposed to be possilble. Have you seen this behaviour before?

Anyway thanks for your help. I am still monitoring and will probably return the "bad  bulb." 

Have a good day,

Nick Fiamengo

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 4

Related Articles