Archer AX21 v4.6 set in AP mode, after 2 weeks rebooting and providing DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 14:15:15 - last edited 2023-10-15 17:09:14
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 55602(5553)

4  AX 21s One set as a router and the other three set as APS worked fine for a few weeks then suddenly one afternoon all the AP started rebooting and providing DHCP went in and disabled the DHCP but they still are doing it and are configured in AP mode.  ethernet connection between them all. 

I am assuming it did a auto firmware update and upon reboot started the 192.168.0.254 dchp server. I have a static set 192.168.xxx.xxx subnet for my local network. 

All static devices working properly, so the firmware update on the AX21 set as a router had no problems and upgraded properly.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX21 v4.6 set in AP mode, after 2 weeks rebooting and providing DHCP
2023-10-16 18:57:58

@JackRamsey,

Is the behavior still occurring? Were you able to prevent the DHCP server through a reboot or some other process, such as reconfiguring the devices to connect to the network? Does reconnecting the APs ethernet connection disable the server?

What other behaviors did this cause across your network? Are your devices somehow able to ping each other or connect to internet?

I know that a similar behavior is seen on REs and with Decos when they lose their 'backhaul'/ host connection - however they return to normal when the link is reestablished.

Are you able to see that this behavior happened to all three of the AP Archers?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 1

Related Articles