I’m Confused - Small Mesh System Design (Affordable)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I’m Confused - Small Mesh System Design (Affordable)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:I’m Confused - Small Mesh System Design (Affordable)
2023-10-23 17:40:02

@yves_b,

You are correct, the X50-PoE/Outdoor can be powered via AC Power or via PoE. The X50-PoE and the X50-Outdoor also cannot PROVIDE a PoE connection through its ports.

@Bearcatboy If you are going to install the X50-PoE near an outlet, feel free to skip the PoE functionality and install via AC. PoE simply allows for you to potentially install the model in a previously unavailable location, and to simplify the wiring setup. If your setup ends up easily supporting PoE and you go that route, you can look at either PoE Injectors, or a PoE-capable switch.

As for your indoor nodes, I would likely recommend the X55 pack, unless you are looking to also use PoE connections in your home, and it should provide better overall performance when in a multiple-node mesh configuration.

Options
Related Articles