Difference between Deco X60 and X5000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-22 02:13:18

What is the difference between Deco X60 and X5000? The comparison pages show none.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Difference between Deco X60 and X5000
2023-10-23 18:40:13 - last edited 2023-10-24 16:54:34

@icashootnstar,

I believe that for these models, the difference is simply the retailer it is available through and there is no hardware difference between them. The Deco AX5000 is only available through Costco, while the X60 is available through other retailers.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-10-23 23:17:36

@Riley_S That would make sense and I have come across that before. But in this case Costco is selling both of them (all 3-packs) in their Black Friday catalog this year with the pricing being $169 for the Deco X60 and $200 for the Deco AX5000.

I'm still mulling over the Deco AXE5300 at $270. I'm just not sure I would need the functions.

Options
2023-10-24 21:42:31

@icashootnstar,

I was mistaken, and you are correct; there was only one hardware version that was similar and the compare tool, of course, chooses that version.  - so make sure you are looking at the specs on the product pages themselves.

The AX5000 is rated as AX5000, with the X60s being AX3000 according to their specification pages.
In general, the experience will be very similar as they are meant to be similar models from the start, but the AX5000 will offer a better experience on the 5GHz band due to the increased bandwidth available.

Both have received the latest features with signal selection and IoT networking, so feature-wise they should be identical.

The largest question will be how you will want to have your nodes connected: via a wired or wireless connection, how close they are to each other, and if your phones/devices support Wi-Fi 6E.

AXE Decos introduces the 6GHz band. Depending on your node locations, you may be able to take advantage of the 6Ghz for your devices or to create a high-throughput backhaul between nodes - but the range of this band is less than the 2.4 and 5GHz bands.

The X5000 is also a strong system that will handle most traffic and can take advantage of its increased 5GHz bandwidth to create a 5Ghz backahul but doesn't include that 6Ghz band for you to use for a designated backhaul. - Ideal for Wireless Backhauls over a longer range via the 5GHz connection

The X60 will provide a typical mesh experience, however, due to not having an increased band or backhaul method, you may begin to see the effect of your wireless backhaul on your other devices.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2023-10-24 22:09:01

@icashootnstar Thank you for the very thorough response!

I have a long condo and the rooms are fairly small. The cable modem/router is at one end, so I think I'll be using a wireless daisy chain to the other end of the unit. It would appear that the 6GHz backhaul would best cover the situation.

Most of our devices can also make use of WiFi 6 and that will be a bonus. (My current router supports it, but my ancient powerline extenders don't and I end up having to swap when I spend time at one end or the other.)

The Deco AXE5300 might also give me some future proofing, assuming they are well-built.

I really appreciate all of your insights.

Options
2023-10-25 11:49:36

@icashootnstar 

If PowerLine works well in your condo, you might consider the Deco PX50.

Options
2023-10-26 05:18:07

@yves_b Wow! That's a whole other option worth considering.Unfortunatelyit's not going on sale at Costco nor do they seem to carry it. I will look around elsewhere and see if I ca find a good deal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2361

Replies: 6

Related Articles