Devices sometimes not connecting to 2 Deco systems (X20 and M5) until app opened or re-enter PW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices sometimes not connecting to 2 Deco systems (X20 and M5) until app opened or re-enter PW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-23 23:32:28
Tags: #DHCP

I have a Deco X20 at home and a Deco M5 at my office. Both have great range and strength.

Recently within the past year, I've noticed that I continually have to reconnect to the networks on all my personal devices -- iPhone, iPad, and two MacBook laptops. However, it is not a problem for any other devices or anyone else. We have other things like Wyze cameras, Roku TVs, other phones and computers. No one else seems to have this issue.

It has something to do with me and my apple devices and my two Deco networks, both of which I am the administrator.

I first noticed it because my laptops would ask for the password and I would continually have to enter it every few days. Both laptops. Both locations/networks.

I then noticed my phone and iPad not showing a connection and I'd have to disconnect and reconnect.

One day, in an attempt to figure things out, I opened the Deco app my phone while another device was having trouble connecting. After the app fired up, my laptops or iPad now always connect without me having to type the password in when I have this problem.

None of these devices have static IPs assigned. Both networks have DHCP turned on.

Any clues???

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 81

Replies: 0

Tags

DHCP
Related Articles