1000mbps device not detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 12:52:19
Tags: #TL-SG1005P
Model: TL-SG1005D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Model is actually TL-SG1005P but couldn't select it above. 

Sorry if this post has been repeated elsewhere. 

I have 250mbps broadband and had a previous Power over ethernet (POE) switch sending internet to the other side of my house attached to a TP link extender with two ethernet ports. (this old set up works fine and gets me full speed to my connected desktop pc). 

I needed extra ethernet ports though and swapped out my existing POE unit with the TL-SG1005P. Everything else is the same but the new switch only detects my ethernet as a 100mbps device and the download speed is now limited to 90mbps.

As the TP-link is the only change in the set up is there any reason why it's not detecting the full speed is can send and is there a way to fix it? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:1000mbps device not detected
2023-10-25 16:56:17

@Toddie86,

This is normally a result of a cable fault and the devices not negotiating the speeds correctly. It is possible that the cable had a fault introduced and the previous unit did not try to send data the same way as your new switch.

I assume that the lights on the switch are flashing yellow(100mbps) instead of green(1000mbps)? Is this case for the incoming connection also?

On your extender, you may be able to force that negotiated speed via the WebUI. This should help the switch identify that the cable can handle 1000mbps - otherwise, I would try moving the extenders to the same room and trying another cable just to be sure.

Options
2023-10-25 17:26:13

@Riley_S 

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

The yellow light is showing on the switch so highlighting it's 100mbps only. 

At the receiver I'm not actually getting any lights at all with either the old or new setup. 

The new one though is limited but the old one works no problem. (just doesn't have the number of ports I need.)

I'll try the webui first and see if I can force it.

The cables in the wall are all new, only installed in the last 3 months so they should all be fine but will chase up with my electrician that put them in if they are the problem. 

Options
2023-10-25 17:30:49

@Riley_S the receiver is the TP-link EAP235 Wall Plate

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 3

Tags

TL-SG1005P
Related Articles