Devices drop off AXE5300 after several weeks

2023-11-19 03:12:23
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 Build 20230901 Rel. 36505

Hi, back with the same problem I originally posted in February.  I do leave this house during the summer.  At my summer house I have the same AXE5300 3 router mesh network.  That mesh system runs flawlessly over the 5 months we are there.  We have been back here and I have had to reboot this mesh system 3 times.  Tonight we were streaming on our TV.  When finished, I went to my PC connected to one of the remote routers.  It had no Internet access.  The TV in the bedroom with wifi had no access.  Devices on the network, within the same network address space could not talk to each other.  I rebooted the main router and the one my PC was connected to.  All is working fine.  For now.  Last time I posted this, I received feedback that a router is like a PC and needs regular rebooting.  I agree, but having to reboot a router 3 times in 4 weeks is excessive.  This is not a complex network.  It has 56 Online Clients.  The same system in my summer house has 33 Clients.  I cannot believe the difference between 33 and 56 would cause the issues I see.  How can I determine what is causing the issues I see?   

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices drop off AXE5300 after several weeks
2023-11-19 17:24:48

I came across this issue with beamforming @soccerfan0822 posted at https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/stories/detail/500276.  When looking at the option on the router, it says beamforming can cause problems for older wifi devices.  There is no description for "older".  I think some of the wifi devices I have would be classified as older.  With Older defined, I could tell how many devices I have in that category.  Some of the symptoms I am experiencing are similar to his.  I turned off beamforming this morning to see if that reduces the issues I am experiencing.  

Options