Archer C7 - Completely unresponsive, no lights, no connections

2023-11-21 04:28:01
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello

I bought an Archer C7 V4 a few years ago. Used it for a couple years, no issues, then moved and put it in storage for 2 years. I just moved again, so I hooked the router back up and it was working fine for about a week with light usage. Now, suddenly, it's completely unresponsive. No lights on the front ever turn on. The USB lights on the back don't turn on when I plug an external hard drive in. I've tried multiple electrical sockets. I don't have any other power adapters that fit, so I haven't tried that.

As mentioned, it was working fine for about a week after I took it out of storage. Didn't even change any settings, it was exactly like I left it 2 years ago. I was still in the process of moving so I barely used it, checking emails mostly. Today, I sat down to see if I needed to tweak anything. I logged into the browser interface, looked around at the settings since I wanted to re-acquaint, but didn't change anything. Then, I went to the Internet section of settings, where you can pick from Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, etc. I clicked the auto-detect button, it said "Dynamic IP" after about 3 seconds, and that's when the router died. No wi-fi, no lights, nothing, since then.

No idea what firmware version, but it was default, not flashed to anything fancy.

Any ideas?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 0

Related Articles