Archer AX55 - unstable connections after upgrade

2023-11-22 19:46:33 - last edited 2023-11-29 07:54:55
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231025 rel.50143

Router had been working with no issues for months.  On Friday, 17-Novembet morning  it automatically upgrades the firmware to version 1.2.5 Build 20231025 rel.50143.  Since then, it has tons of issues. It doesn't connect. The connections keep dropping. It connects to one device and then fails to connect to other.
I've done rebooting, restarting, IP clearing, restarting multiple times. This upgrade messed this whole thing up. Called TPLink support multiples times but no use. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX55 - unstable connections after upgrade-Solution
2023-11-29 07:07:08 - last edited 2023-12-04 03:02:49

@Yellowjacket @AdamPfromMN @DanPet @ttchief 

Update:

We have released a new firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231130 to solve the disconnecting issue, please upgrade the firmware via the online upgrade in Web GUI or Tether App, or you could also download the new firmware from the official website:

Firmware Download for Archer AX55 V1

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all the feedbacks, we have reported the issue to our senior engineers and we are trying to find more user cases to debug the issue, so if any of you have the unstable connection issue after updating to 1.2.5 firmware and would like to troubleshoot with us, please help to confirm the following information:

1.Do both your wireless and wired devices experience this issue, or is it only specific devices that are affected? Please provide the models of the affected devices

2.How often does the problem occur, and how long does it last? How do you restore the connection?

3.When the issue occurs, do the affected devices automatically disconnect from the Wi-Fi? Is the issue that devices cannot reconnect, or that devices are connected but have no internet access?

If the issue is devices being connected but having no internet access, please check the IP addresses of the affected devices when the problem occurs. How to find IP address on your devices

Or you could also email support.usa@tp-link.com to provide the above information, if you email the support team, please provide the backup file of your router along with the login password for us to perform further testing on our end. How to create and restore from a backup file on your TP-Link Router

Recommended Solution
Options
47 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 - unstable connections after upgrade
2023-11-23 03:06:23
I agree! I've opened a ticket with support and now they want me to make changes to settings. I don't understand how making changes to wireless settings will undo a firmware upgrade problem. My initial question to support was "How do I downgrade the firmware?" and I've received no answer.
Options
2023-11-23 09:25:33

@minion-me 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback, we've forwarded AnnetteT's case to our engineers for analysis, and since the issue seems to be similar, we would like to escalate your case as well, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

@AnnetteT If you download the previous firmware 1.2.3 Build 20230603 from our official website, you could downgrade it manually, however, it is recommended to troubleshoot the issue with our support engineer first to locate and fix the current issue.

Please let the community know once there is any update.

Options
2023-11-26 07:50:18 - last edited 2023-11-26 07:50:45

@minion-me yes, me too, I updated to the most recent firmware of my Archer AX55 when I was notified, as what I do most of my devices, since then Wi-Fi connections on all my devices are unstable, sometimes connected but no Internet. This is frustrating. Even after running troubleshooter in my Windows PC, reconnecting to the router, still no luck. I have to restart the router to be successfully connected. Please TP-Link, release a patch for your firmware for this router model. Please.

Options
2023-11-26 13:31:03

@DanPet I downgraded the firmware to 1.2.3 Build 20230603 a couple of days ago and have had no dropped connections.  I also turned off auto update on my router.

Options
2023-11-27 14:37:21

@minion-me 

I also had the same problem with connections dropping. I downloaded previous version of firmware and no more problems.

Options
2023-11-28 03:18:42 - last edited 2023-11-28 03:19:07

@Sunshine I am having the same problem as many others after upgrading the firmware on my Archer AX55 a couple of days ago.

What is the best course of action at this point? I can no longer maintain a stable connection with any of my wireless devices

Will this be escalated to an emergency patch and upgrade?

It is very disappointing that a router that was working flawlessly has basically become useless.

It does not seem that proper testing was done prior to releasing this firmware update.

Thank you for your help with this

Options
2023-11-28 03:28:51
Did your AX55 maintain its configuration after downgrading the firmware manually? I have read other posts that the configuration got blown away. I still can't believe how many AX55 routers have been affected by this buggy firmware. Thanks!
Options
2023-11-28 03:29:28
Did your AX55 maintain its configuration after downgrading the firmware manually? I have read other posts that the configuration got blown away. I still can't believe how many AX55 routers have been affected by this buggy firmware. Thanks!
Options
2023-11-28 08:15:40

hello guys, i've tried reinstalling the previous firmare versions and since then no connection dropouts. hopefully, TP-link will be able to fix their latest firmware version. thanks

Options
2023-11-28 12:30:34

@Yellowjacket  Yes, my router maintained the configuration.  I did a backup before I downgraded as a precaution, but didn't have to use it.  Good luck!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4087

Replies: 47

Related Articles