IoT network / Smart Devices - setup questions / understanding

2023-11-24 19:15:39
Tags: #IoT, Smart Device
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20231019 Rel 50652

Hi all, hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend and has found some good deals.  :-)

About two months ago, I got a two device Deco BE95 setup.  

I'm still figuring things out and one thing that I know I need to deal with is get my smart / IoT devices under control.  

Two questions, maybe related, maybe not:

1) When I'm in the Deco app, I see a section labeled "Smart Devices" and under there I see a whopping 1 device.  (for reference, I may have 60+ smart devices - plugs, bulbs, pannels, etc).  

Now, in my case, it's a Kasa Smart Plug.  At first, I just figured it was only looking for Kasa plugs, but I've got multiple other plugs (same model - got a four pack and then some others), so it's not that it's just looking for say a match on the MAC, but what?  

2) This is where the IoT network question comes in, I thought that this might be devices that are specificlly tied to that, but when I look at the details of this device, while the connection type is 2.4 GHz, it's set to Auto for Wi-Fi band and so I don't think it's "on" the IoT network...maybe...but think it's just on the 2.4 / 5 GHz general network.  

So, how do I get a device to show up as a "Smart Device" and similarly, IoT device?  (Bonus - if it's a IoT device, would I be able to reach it from my 2.4/5 network and vice-versa or is it isolated to just IoT network and it can get out to the Internet).  

Thanks and again, Happy Hollidays!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 0

Tags

IoT, Smart Device
Related Articles