AX3000 Gigabit speeds are less than expected

2023-11-26 17:34:26 - last edited 2023-11-26 18:02:59
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just upgraded from a different TP-link router and I'm still not getting the speed I expected. Speeds with my ISPs modem plugged directly into my PC are over a gigabit. When modem is plugged into router than router to pc I get 800Mbps or less. ISP told me my router was the problem so I got this one that advertised Gigabit speeds unfortunately that's not what I'm seeing.

What am I doing wrong? These tests are all done wired because wireless isn't a big concern for me as far as speeds go. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 Gigabit speeds are less than expected
2023-11-27 21:55:01

@Zenith22,

At this level of tuning, there are a few things you can do to bump it up.

I would start with first changing your router's DNS service to a common service, such as Cloudflare or Google. I have seen pretty dramatic increases when changing this. Otherwise, you may check to see what DNS service your ISP uses for their routers/service. This could also have an affect on what server you are testing with, even if you choose the same one, it may be taking a different route there.

Is your ISP modem a gateway(capable of providing Wi-Fi), or just a modem?

I would also recommend setting your QoS to a speed above what you expect from your ISP and setting the PC as high priority- otherwise, disable QoS entirely.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 1

Related Articles