Wansview cameras cannot connect to Deco system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-04 03:02:48

I am on a Netafy ISP in New Hampshire.

i recently switched routers from the Cube to the Deco (s4?).

I have Wansview cameras all over the house and were connected successfully ti the cube.

with three satelite DECOS installed , all the usual devices connect to the decos but not the cameras. 
" wifi connection failed". 

i have the dual band selected.

the cameras do not like DECO.

what could a possible issue be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wansview cameras cannot connect to Deco system
2023-12-05 23:29:07

@Beebader,

A few things to try first

If you think it may be caused by the combine 2.4 and 5GHZ networks:

Set the devices up to use your IoT network if your Deco model supports it.

Otherwise, disable the 5GHz network on your main network, setup the cameras, and then reenable the 5Ghz network for your Wi-Fi.

If you can see the cameras in your list of networked devices, disable Mesh Technology, Fast Roaming, and Beamforming.

You might need to reconfigure the cameras to accept your new credentials if you did not reconfigure them when replacing your router with a Deco. 

Have you tried resetting the cameras to defaults or reconfiguring their network connections from scratch?

Options
2024-01-29 23:53:31

@Beebader are you sure you are useing the same SSID on your deco that you used on your cameras

Options
2024-01-30 04:46:04

@stoneycarl thanks for the response. I returned this deco and got the latest Deco model and it works as designed. I don't have to connect as a guest on My own LAN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 3

Related Articles