Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmer can't connect to app!

2023-12-11 00:48:57 - last edited 2023-12-19 21:53:55

Hi,

I was trying to add two Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmers to the Kasa app. Both switches powered up and were not added to other Matter platforms. Both has lights orange and green alternating. But the app can't find either of the devices. It says "trying to connect via Bluetooth" and quickly says no devices were found. I tried all the options given in the app as remedies. Restarted the phone's Bluetooth, made sure the switches were not connected to the phone via Bluetooth and restarted and reset the switches multiple times. Nothing seems to work. 

It'll be harder to try with one switch at a time as both switches are powred by the same power line, in the same gang.

Any idea how to add the switches to the Kasa app?

TIA

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmer can't connect to app!-Solution
2023-12-13 00:54:05 - last edited 2023-12-19 21:53:55

@manjulapra,

Kasa has its own Dimmer that follows the same specs as the Tapo Dimmer, which is why you see the option in the Kasa app.

But yes, all your Kasa devices may be integrated, or initially set up in the Tapo app. You can learn how to do this in the following FAQ: How to Add Kasa Devices to the Tapo App

Keep in mind, that this is a recent feature that was only rolled out in recent months, so you may find that a few features or expected functionalities do not yet exist in the Tapo app. If you have a Kasa device that is not yet supported, be patient as compatibility with more devices is being worked on.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmer can't connect to app!
2023-12-11 19:14:29

@manjulapra,

So first, these switches must be used in the Tapo App, not the Kasa App. It was only just recently that the one-way integration allowing Kasa devices to be used in the Tapo app was configured.  You may consider using the Kasa Integration from the Tapo App to bring over your Kasa devices, and then you could set up these switches from there.

With only two devices to set up, there shouldn't be too much of a problem - however, you could wait 15 minutes and then reset only one switch via the onboard button so that only one can be setup at a time.

Options
Re:Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmer can't connect to app!
2023-12-13 00:35:08

@Riley_S 

Thanks. I didn't know about the Tapo app and was confused as the Kasa app also has the Matter Dimmer option in it. Can I add all Kasa devices to the Tapo app so I don't have to go to two different apps for control?

Options
Re:Tapo TS25 Matter Smart Dimmer can't connect to app!-Solution
2023-12-13 00:54:05 - last edited 2023-12-19 21:53:55

@manjulapra,

Kasa has its own Dimmer that follows the same specs as the Tapo Dimmer, which is why you see the option in the Kasa app.

But yes, all your Kasa devices may be integrated, or initially set up in the Tapo app. You can learn how to do this in the following FAQ: How to Add Kasa Devices to the Tapo App

Keep in mind, that this is a recent feature that was only rolled out in recent months, so you may find that a few features or expected functionalities do not yet exist in the Tapo app. If you have a Kasa device that is not yet supported, be patient as compatibility with more devices is being worked on.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 3

Related Articles