How do I tether an extender to another extender?

2023-12-17 15:08:37
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

This is all very new to me.  We have an outbuilding studio that I need to have wifi in.   I have an Archer AX55 router and I added a RE450 extender and created an easy mesh network.  I now have wifi in the studio.  My issue is that the internet out there doesn't stay stable so, for example, on a zoom call, the screen will periodically freeze.  I want to add another extender that I can put in the studio to pick up the signal from the RE450 rather than the router.   I've been told (by TP-Link tech support) that this is what I need to do.  Unfortunately, although I've tried numerous times and spent more hours that I'd like, to find a TP-link tech person who can tell me how to accomplish this, no one has been able to help me.

If I add the second extender (which is an RE205 - I was told this would be sufficient for my needs) to the network, when I put it in the studio, it doesn't get a signal because it's looking for the router rather than the RE450 extender.  How can I configure it so that it looks for the RE450?

Thank you!

Options