C5400X V1 loses config settings

2023-12-18 14:03:19
Tags: #config reset
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 20231010 rel.31905(5553)

I recently had the connectivity LED on the top of my router go red and i lose WiFi connectivity for all devices.  I am not able to get to the router (i have not tried hardwire to connect to it this time around).  I reboot only to find that the wifi SSID passwords appear to be reset to something random.  I change them back to what they were (i found a mobile device i was able to connect to the router with (not sure how it worked honestly)).

Several of my smart devices require me to reconnect manually using the SSID password that was there before the failure - assuming the password is part of a key exchange, which is why even though the password is the same, some of these "smart devices" need to be reconnected manually (outlets, light bulbs, thermostat) while other like firesticks, phones, and some others do not need manual SSID passwd re-enter.

One question is, is this common?  I've had it happen a couple times in the past with some concern there could be nefarious activity on my Network.  The available router logs are limited via the console, so i was wondering if there are more detailed lower level system logs where i could inviestigate whether there is a hardware issue.  I provided the firmware version, however this has happened with other firmware versions as well.

I am pretty tech savvy so have no problem digging into this issue, and determining what the root cause might be.  Is it a known issue with the hardware, or something else?  It may be unrelated, but i also have seen where this router does not take kindly to power outages or ISP connectivity interruptions (not common but it happens - and yes, in a perfect world i could put a UPS on the router, however i would like to take a look at the logs first) - This usually requires a hard reset, and i don't gleen any insight from the basic logs available in the gui

Is there a hidden admin interface to access true DEBUG info?  Or an API i could query to pull info from?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 0

Tags

config reset
Related Articles