Connecting HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw to Deco X55 System

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw to Deco X55 System

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Connecting HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw to Deco X55 System
2024-01-01 15:54:02

@JTTM 

I had to uninstall my printer and start over with a ethernet connection before things started to work. Brother download site didn't find my printer initially neither. The problem seems to be how wifi conveys attached clients back to the internet and whether all apps are really up to the mesh based systems.

Options
2024-01-01 16:26:38

@JTTM Thanks for the reply but I have already gone that route but when the HP installer gets to the wireless portion of the install it fau\ils because it can't find the printer on the network. Somehow I have to get TP-Link to find the printer.So far the TP-Link community hasn't been much help.

Options
2024-01-01 16:55:13 - last edited 2024-01-01 21:01:53

@JTTM 

If you have an ethernet port on the printer connect it to the ethernet port of the Deco which is directly connected to your modem. I have never seen a problem that the Deco system is not seeing my printer under those conditions. This is how I initially avoided any possible complications with the WiFi mesh system. Once I had this done I was able to download from the printer server the updates and install them on the printer. As mentioned before, I took after that the next step to move the printer to one of the other Decos on the WiFi mesh after ensuring those were seen on the tp-link Deco network app. Under those conditions the printer will show up as wired even though there is the WiFi link between the Decos.

BTW, any attempt on my printer to switch from wired back to WiFi on the same remote Deco fails consistently. So there seems to be something within the Deco system going wrong as well, since switching back to wired on same Deco would require to repower the local Deco before the local Ethernet port reconnect with the printer is recognized.

Have you seen this? May not be relevant fro your case.

Wireless Printing Made Easy: Connect Your USB Printer to a TP-Link Wi-Fi Router

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uxtYszZUI

Options
2024-01-02 14:19:13

@JTTM Thx for the reply but I don't have an Ethernet port just USB and phone line connect for Fax.

Options
2024-01-02 16:54:04

@JTTM 

After finding the issue https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/111052 on this forum more than 5 years ago about same problem I currently encounter with my Brother printer I have little hope that the companies involved are up to the expectation we as customers are having about the interoperability of basic system functions. I can therefore only recommend you find a way to hardwire your printer via usb-ethernet adapter to one of your Deco devices and forget the WiFi approach. Best of luck for 2024.

Options
2024-01-02 18:22:32

@JoachimC47 Thx for your help on this but I stand corrected, I do have an Ethernet port on my printer and i direct connected the printer to my Dec X55 and I now have connection. I went through printer setup on my Windows 10 because the HP set up didn't work. It never could find the printer for the Ethernet, always wanted to set up a proxy connection but I never could get proxy settings from my Windows 10.

Options
2024-01-02 19:47:07

@JTTM 

Great you found a way to make it work for you. 

Options