Archer BE9300 Wired Connection Issues

2023-12-23 19:51:24
Model: Archer BE900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20231020 rel.52379(5553)

Hello, I just upgraded my router from an Archer AX6000 to an Archer BE9300 to take advantage of a new 2 gigabit fiber connection. I'm using a wired connection to get the fastest speeds I can. No problems with the AX6000, everything was working fine. But I've had some strange issues with the BE9300.

On a wired connection, I am getting just over 2 Gbps internet speeds. Awesome. Browsing the internet is fine, no issues. But When I try to game, I've run into some odd roadblocks. Steam and EA launchers connect and work. And when I jump into a game on either platform, everything seems fine. But connecting to a server for multiplayer does not work. On any game. It simply will not connect. I also noticed that running my VPN breaks the internet connection.

But here's the really odd part: If I switch to WiFi, everything works fine. Games connect. VPN doesn't effect the internet connection. All is well.

This really has me scratching my head. I've messed around with port forwarding and UPnP. but nothing fixes the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer BE9300 Wired Connection Issues
2023-12-24 23:15:06 - last edited 2023-12-24 23:18:54

@8BZ  UPDATE: SOLVED! - "QoS" was enabled under "HomeShield" and it was absolutely wrecking my wired conncection. There was nothing I could do with port forwarding, UPnP or DMZ to get around it either. Evidently it overides everything. Two days of frustration due to one tiny check mark... Oof.

Leaving this up for anyone that might happen to run into this issue.

Options
2023-12-25 08:41:29

@8BZ 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've solved the problem finally.

Hope you could enjoy the internet.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-25 09:36:21 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:37:10

@Sunshine 

Came across this post after having tons of connection issue, it mainly seemed like my wired connection was having problems making dns calls sometimes. Once the data was moving it was flawless, but it would have trouble getting responses from servers. Wifi at the same time had no issues. Turning off QoS solved the problem, looks like there needs to be some work into QoS in the router and what it's doing.

Options
2023-12-26 07:13:06

@Vulkandr 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback, by "problems making dns calls sometimes", do you mean sometimes websites not loading via wired connection? then what about "once the data was moving "?

Please also let us know the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link router, if convenient for you, I will forward your case to senior engineer for debugging.

@8BZ To locate the root cause, could you please enable QoS again to see if the problem comes back? If so, we would like to forward your case to senior engineer for debugging, please let us know if it is convenient for you.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-26 16:14:03

@Sunshine - I can confirm. I re-enabled QoS and instantly lost the ability to connect to online gaming servers. I've already received an e-mail from a senior tech support. I will relay this to them.

Options
2023-12-27 01:39:05

@8BZ 

Thank you very much for the update, please let the community know if there is any update or solution on this issue.

Options
2024-01-01 05:13:35

Got a BE9300 a week ago and first thing after basic setup was to make sure QOS was disabled.

It causes so many issues.

Options
2024-04-18 19:39:27

Does the archer BE9300 work good on fiber inter

Options
2024-05-03 10:03:29

@Miller3407 I have the TP-Link Tri-Band BE9300 router connected to Lumos Fiber 2gbps ONT. Lumos came with the Calix GigaSpire® BLAST® u6 as their default router. The problem is their router has a one 2.5 WAN port and four gigabit ports. And so, I'm not getting 2gbps service throughput our home. 

I already have a WiFi mesh so the WiFi is disabled on the TP-Link. I'm only interested in the wired Ethernet capabilities.  And so, I purchased the TP-Link router mentioned above and a 2.5gbps TP-Switch. Our hone was constructed in 2022 and it wired throughout with Ethernet 5e cable. 

My unfortunate dilemma:  When I connect Lumos Fiber default router, everything works flawlessly. I use AppleTV 4K (2022 model) to stream. I can watch all streaming services with no issues. However, when I connect the TP-Link router there's suddenly massive latency to the point where it practically freezes the TV screen. Prime, for example runs like its on a 56k dial up modem.  It's horrible.  Switch back to the Lumos default router -- smooth as silk. 

I exchanged the TP-Link router thinking maybe I had a lemon the first time, and now with the replacement I have the same issues. For what it's worth, it works perfectly on my son's gaming PC, getting 1.9gbps on a speed test. 

before I return it, wondering if there's a setting I may be missing. I contacted Lumos and of course, they differed me to TP-Link. 😔

Any help will be most humbly appreciated.  

David

David
Options