Archer BE550 Ethernet Backhaul support

2023-12-27 21:17:51
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: BE550(US)_V1.6_1.0.4 Build 20231020

Is there a beta software version that supports the Ethernet backhaul.  I have two Archer BE550's and the support is needed for the same coverage I had with my two ASUS WiFi 5 routers.  

Also as anyone notice certain clients have issues with stability on 5 GHz.  Constant drops

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 Ethernet Backhaul support
2023-12-28 06:39:28

@CommanderZar 

Hi, without the EasyMesh ethernet backhaul, you could configure the second BE550 into AP mode(Case 1): How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

For the constant drops issue, there is no known issues, do you mean it happens with 5GHz WiFi connection only? will it disconnect completely at the same time on all 5GHz client devices or it still shows connected but no internet access? and will it recover automatically?

You could try disabling smart connect and change the 5GHz WiFi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page to see if it will be more stable.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 1

Related Articles