LAN without WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN without WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:LAN without WAN
2024-01-05 11:24:36
I am using Openwrt on flashed TPLink Archer C20's, not ideal or mesh, but they work reliably and support many devices. I have a lot of home automation devices so need decent wifi. (or at least stable wifi.) Losing LAN when we have a power break or upstream Fibre interruption is not acceptable. My HomeAssistant server is hardwired wired to Deco network. Also found the Deco's not useable in Access point mode either, too many network issues, disconnects with no reason, not serving my existing DHCP addresses. So they are back in a cupboard until a working software update arrives. I logged an issue where the camera software seems to be blocking my internet access but no way to stop the camera daemon. I can't work with something that is broken and I can't get to it to fix it. Hence my Openwrt flashing. There were issues but I got to resolve them. There is no Openwrt image for Deco x50 unfortunately.
Options
Related Articles