Download/Upload

Download/Upload

Download/Upload
Download/Upload
2023-12-29 21:03:38
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20231011 Rel.60272

The Deco mobile app shows upload and download speeds. What does it mean? Are these speeds only inside a particular router/node?

How can we get the current Internet speeds, both up and down?

Is there any way to order the active clients in then list by their speeds for easier control?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Download/Upload
2023-12-31 09:54:48

@DimiFox It shows the current amount of traffic sent and received.

Depending on where it is displayed, it is for the whole network, for a single Deco, or for a single device.

Options
2023-12-31 10:02:28

@yves_b I understand that, but is there any way to understand what the current Internet up/down speeds are? That's the problem. The local speed knowledge is great, but I'd prefer to check the Internet speed, per node and the total for the entire LAN.

Options
2023-12-31 10:48:47

@DimiFox 

What do you mean by "current Internet up/down speeds"?

What do you mean by "local" and "internet" speed?

Are you looking for results showed by tools like "netspeed", showing the maximum traffic possible at a given time?

Options
2023-12-31 11:33:12

@yves_b The current traffic, going to/from (through) the cable modem, or rather through the gateway to/from the internet. In other words, the traffic between the LAN, including all clients, and internet. Also at the lower level, when we open in the Deco mobile app any online client we can see Download and Upload speeds. It's not clear, it can be inside LAN or between the client and Internet. Maybe I'm asking too much... Some routers can easily provide this information and it's very handy to see the client current connections, traffic, etc. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 4

Related Articles