Home network (sharing) with both wired and wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-01 23:22:38
Model: Deco XE75   Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've had two X60s for a while and recently added to XE75s. My current setup is Fios modem/router (wifi disabled) connected by ether et cable to one of the XE75s. Desktop computer is connected to that same Deco unit by ethernet cable. The other three Deco units are scattered around the house and all connected wirelessly to either the main Deco unit or one of the others. 

What I would like to do is to have all computers that are on the same Wi-Fi network (via Deco) as well as the desktop be able to share drives/files. Especially useful for external storage drives that are connected to the desktop. 

Computers are running Win 10/11. Deco is in router mode as I would like to keep parental controls, etc., unless there's really not a good reason to keep it in router mode. 

Thanks in advance 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Home network (sharing) with both wired and wireless
2024-01-02 06:00:02

@bingav 

The Deco network should allow doing what you want to achieve.

Are all computers configured to receive dynamic IP addresses from the Deco?

Options