Linksys RE9000 will not connect to DECO 6E

2024-01-02 15:30:12
Model: CES2021 Deco Mesh  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I am trying to connect a Linksys RE9000 after upgrading to the DECO 6E Mesh.  The Wireless Extender worked perfectly before the upgrade, now I cannot get it to see the network.  I have set up a 5G guest network, and the range extender does not see that.  I am using the DECO phone app to set things up, and I have a laptop connected directly to the router.  I have turned off security protocols for the guest network (temp) in attempts to get it to connect, Linksys has not been a help to this point...HELP! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Linksys RE9000 will not connect to DECO 6E
2024-01-03 13:18:22

@tr6pilot If OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO is enabled on the Deco unit try disabling it.  You are connecting a WiFi 5 (ac) extender to a WiFi 6(E) product...

Options
Re:Linksys RE9000 will not connect to DECO 6E
2024-01-03 18:06:36

@tr6pilot,

I would recommend first making sure that your Guest Network is active and visible from other devices on the network. Decos have an additional setting that will stop broadcasting the guest network SSID after there are no devices connected to the network for a set time. 

As you are trying to repeat the 5GHz signal, make sure that your RE is not too far from the closest node. 5GHz signals are much more susceptible to wireless interference and the signal may not be strong enough at the location of the RE. Can the RE see the network when moved closer to the Decos?

Have you reconfigure the RE or were you trying to mimic the connection settings from before your upgrade? Has the RE been reset since changing the main router out?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 2

Related Articles