connection to printer

connection to printer

connection to printer
connection to printer
2024-01-09 14:38:12
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6

Recently installed the x55 set of 3. My printer is an older epson wf 7520. I am trying to set it up for a wireless connection. the deco app finds the printer, the printer shows it is on the network but windows will not find it. I know nothing but figure i am doing something wrong to connect. Can someone please help? 

Options
3 Reply
Re: connection to printer
2024-01-10 08:32:31

@mdctlc Are you using the Epson software to configure the printer on Windows?

Options
2024-01-10 14:20:16

@yves_b 

Yes. I did try that. Windows 10 finds the printer but not the scanner.

The wireless function is not working so hooked it up via usb. that gave me the print function. However there is communication to the bed scanner but is not recognizing the adf. I convert alot of docs to pdf for emailing throught adobe but now it will not recognize the docs in the adf. Did alot of searching about the problem. Most led to twain? Not sure what that is or how to check it. 

I appreciate your reply. 

Options
2024-02-07 21:35:03

@yves_b  Not sure if you solved your printer problem but if you haven't you may want to try the following:  Change your DECO from a WIFI Router to an Access point.

The setting can be found by using the phone app at the bottom of the app ( I am using an Iphone)  You will see "MORE"  click on that .   Select "Advanced"  At the top it will say "Operation Mode "    By defult "WiFi Router" is selected.  Change the setting to "Access Point"  System will reboot about 2 to 3 minutes.  Try your print and scanning and see if you now have connectivity.   This worked for me  for a older ethernet  cable connected Brother printer that has no WIFI built into the printer.   This printer had  worked on a previous wifi access point system for the house before I  installed the new DECO mesh system.     Hope that helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 3

Related Articles