How to block/monitor usage of apps with Home Shield?

2024-01-22 00:52:44 - last edited 2024-01-22 00:56:12
Model: Archer AX4400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230927 rel. 58345

I just purchased a new router based on the ability do block/view usage of specific apps, but I don't not see the option in the Tether app. I do not have Deco like some of the support articles show.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to block/monitor usage of apps with Home Shield?
2024-01-22 17:06:39

@JDoe28582 

Apps management functions are part of the Parental Controls subscription based plan - details.

Here's the HomeShield features availability update

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-22 19:09:10

terziyski wrote

@JDoe28582 

Apps management functions are part of the Parental Controls subscription based plan - details.

Here's the HomeShield features availability update

So I need a Deco for it to work? I have a router that has Home Shield and have the Parental Controls trial, but don't see the app monitoring/blocking.

Options
2024-01-22 20:31:48

@JDoe28582 

Well,, from the secon hyperlink it can be seen that:

"

2. Parental Controls - Advanced Features:

- Features in Phased Rollout: Blocked Apps, App Time Limits, Always Allowed Apps.

- Supported Models: As with the above, these features are currently only available on Deco X50/X55 V1 with firmware version 1.3.1. Upcoming software upgrades will extend support to other models.

"

Probably you just have to wait these features to be implemented in a future FW release.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 3

Related Articles